There is something sensual about the smell of fog mixed with sea. Floating into the mystic is what comes to mind when I’m in Mendocino. And here are a few noteworthy Anderson Valley wines that will rock your gyspy soul.
- 2007 Renegade Sauvignon Blanc – nutty earth, smooth and intense $18
- 2007 Old Vines Zinfandel – light, bursting with plum and currant $25
- 2005, Grand Oz – lovely, dark blend of cab sauv and syrah $60
- 2007 Sauvignon Blanc, Ferrington Vineyard – citrus and power delish $15
- 2006 Chardonnay, Estate Vineyard – dry and mild with a flash of pear. Organic $20
- Extra Dry – soft and smooth, bread crust (their word. I like it) $21
- Cremant – Loved it! Creamy and tropical $25
Navarro Vineyards will get its own post because we super LOVED it.
Photo: Handley Cellars