Hood River, in the Columbia Gorge appellation, straddles both Oregon and Washington, and lord knows, I love a good straddle. Here are a few bottles we liked on the Oregon side.
- Cor Cellars, 2006, Cabernet Sauvignon, McKinley Springs Vineyard, Horse Heaven Hills, WA
- Cor Cellars, 2007, Momentum
- Syncline, 2007, Cuvee Elena, Columbia Valley
- Sycline, 2007 Steep Creek Ranch, Columbia Gorge
- Purple Hands, 2007 Oregon Red Wine
And if you’re looking for romance and elegance, or not, I’d highly recommend Celilo for dinner.