Just heard Gary Vaynerchuk speak at Elliot Bay Books about his new book Crush It. If that guy were a wine he’d be one those spicy syrahs amped up on viognier. He’s robustly effusive and nakedly honest. What you see is what you get. Here are the top 14 things I got:
- Family first!
- You can’t lose if you’re nice.
- Gary likes you more then you like him.
- We are officially in a ‘thank you’ economy.
- Creativity wins.
- Email everyone who contacts you.
- Don’t filter the guy with a few followers. He may have millions next week.
- Best way to sell is not to try to sell.
- Best way to get the girl is to not like the girl.
- Anything is better than zero.
- Know who you are; completely focus on your strengths.
- Hey wineries! Do a geosearch on twitter – then contact every single person who comes up in that search.
- He gave a shout out to Eric Levine, Cellar Tracker.
- Look forward to his next book: ‘Tunnel’.
If you missed him today, he’ll be at Cost Plus tonight at 8pm!